Most of you have received the letter that outlines our plans for Phase 2 regathering. This post will serve as an online reference to our structure and plans for regathering at Millers Creek Baptist Church beginning May 24, 2020.
Multiple Service Times:
We will begin our Phase 2 regathering by offering three service time options with the allowance of 50 people total attendance per service. We understand that some of you may feel uncomfortable about being in a large group gathering. We encourage those who may be uncomfortable or are at high risk to please stay home. We will continue to provide our online services during the duration of Phase 2. The service times are as follows:
8:30 – Sanctuary
10:00 – Fellowship Hall
11:30 – Sanctuary
Each service will last around 30 – 45 minutes. The extended period between services will allow us to clean and clear the area before the next group arrives.
- We ask that children please sit with their families or those that brought them
- We will be sitting every other pew and maintain physical distancing from other family groups
- The offering will be received by placing it in “offer boxes” as you enter. Online giving is still available and encouraged.
- We strongly encourage each person to wear a mask during phase 2 regathering.
- We will supply hand sanitizing stations at each entrance
- We will dispense with the greeting time
- We will not supply a nursery at any service time
- We will not have a public invitation as we are used to doing it
- We ask also that you not use the water fountains
As mentioned above we will only be allowed to have a 50 person maximum for each service. Therefore, we are instituting a sign-up process for our three services. We ask that individuals please contact Melissa at the church office to sign up for a service. The sign-up will be first come first serve. If the service you want is filled, please be flexible and sign up for another time. Once all three services are filled and we still have people that wish to attend we will offer an additional service at 6:30 pm. Our aim to accommodate all that want to come. You may contact Melissa by phone at 336-838-4446 ext. 21 or by email at email@example.com.
Sunday School will not meet as normal. We will assign times during the week (Sunday-Thursday) for Sunday School classes to meet. To keep cleaning and sanitizing to a minimum we will only allow the use of the Fellowship Hall and the Gym for Bible study classes. It is our desire for each class to meet in their normal place during phase 3.
We hope that this overview answers all your questions. If you still have questions please feel free to give us a call. You may reach any of our pastors by calling the church office or sending us an email.